Location : Yaoundé-Cameroon *
Nationality: open to international candidates.
Globus Education Systems
The Chief Communications Officer will be responsible for leading the communications strategy and team for Globus Education Systems (GES) globally, including media relations and publicity; internal and external strategic communications; and image and media management.
This role will be responsible for ensuring the organization’s communications reflect its core values and advance GES’s business and communication strategy.
This executive will work with the GES senior management team to collaboratively build and enhance the brand and direct the key communications functions, including media relations, employee communications, and specifically executive communications.
This executive will be both the strategic communications tactician and one of the lead company spokespersons.
In collaboration with the Director of Marketing Communication across GES, the Chief Communications Officer will formulate an integrated communications vision for the organization, both internally and externally, and lead a talented team of professionals to help implement and expand it.
Developing and successfully implementing a comprehensive strategic communication plan that reinforces GES’s position as an industry leader in international student recruitment and advances the company’s strategic business goals with a variety of internal and external audiences, including business, general, and trade media
Providing strategic communications counsel and executive support to the Managing Director and C-Suite as a trusted advisor, including identifying and securing appropriate speaking engagements and opportunities for presentations and other forums that position the company’s senior executives as leaders in the industry.
Developing and ensuring the consistent dissemination of the company’s key corporate messages
Working in collaboration with the communications teams at other media outlets and advancing enterprise communications objectives to ensure consistency of corporate messages and clear communication of the company’s business goals, strategies, and performance to an array of internal and external audiences
Leading and continuing to develop GES’s world-class communications team.
Developing and implementing strategies to manage issues that could represent reputational challenges
Serving as GES’s primary spokesperson
Building and enhancing GES’s brand and advancing its reputation and corporate values inside and outside the industry
Chief Communications Officer Profile:
The successful candidate has at least 15–20 years of communications or public relations experience working at a senior level in a major corporation or a public relations firm with experience managing the development and implementation of integrated strategic communications plans for large, complex, and global organizations.
Preference for candidates with records of accomplishment in either multinational organisations, large news organs, media, or the United Nations
• This executive is a proven communications strategist and tactician who has demonstrated the ability to build a brand and manage the reputation of a major business organisation as either a public relations consultant or an in-house executive.
The successful candidate has extensive experience as one of the primary spokespersons for a major corporation
• Smart, outgoing, personable, and collegial, this person values networking and appreciates the importance of listening.
This executive is analytical and a critical thinker who is comfortable offering new and creative communication ideas that support the dissemination and understanding of the company, its unique position in the market, and the strength of its performance and its brands.
• The successful candidate has significant experience working successfully with national media and has an extensive network of contacts in the industry as well as general media.
• This executive has extensive experience counselling senior executives at the highest level and has proven the ability to become a trusted advisor.
• This person is an exceptional collaborator, coach, and advisor who inspires confidence and trust in all the stakeholders, from the most junior employee to the CEO of the company.
• This candidate will have a healthy ego and should be confident enough to deal with high-level executives across all the businesses, with the ability and knowledge to push back where appropriate.
• The successful candidate is a strong advocate and implementer of internal communications and understands that productivity and employee commitment are strongly affected by clear, ongoing, candid dialogue with all the company’s internal constituencies.
A Master’s degree, preferably in marketing or communications, is required; a PhD or other postgraduate degree is a plus.
Globus Education Systems intends to attract a superior head of global communications and is prepared to offer an attractive compensation package including a base salary, accommodation, and relocation as per international market demand.
How to apply:
Please send your CV by email to email@example.com with the Chief Communications Officer as the subject by December 15, 2023.
We are a network of international educational institutions across the globe in Canada, Germany, the UK, the USA, Malaysia, Ireland, New Zealand, and Australia that have come together to ensure the accessibility of students to all relevant international qualifications and curricula, ranging from vocational to bachelor, masters, and PhD programs, on all the continents of the world. We are headquartered in Yaoundé Cameroon and have country offices in Rwanda, Ghana, Burkina Faso and Nigeria
We offer quick admission, provide visa counselling for the countries served, educational guidance, one-on-one assessment with admission officers, and help students achieve their dream career goals with direct jobs.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org